[gradsusr] Grads dods server installation

Namba Takaya takayanamba at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 06:07:19 EDT 2011

Dear Sir
I tried to install Grads dods server in my Mac os X 10.6.3 in which grads v2.0.a9 is working properly.In my system, apache-tomcat-6.0.29 is already installed.After I started apach-tomaat and then I tried to start Grads dods server, error message appear like this.
sh-3.2# ./startserver GrADS Data Server startup invoked...
Note: A process called gds-respawn.sh is being created, to      automatically respawn GDS if it shuts down abnormally.
Set JAVA, JAVA_HOME, JAVA_OPTS to control JVM options.See /usr/local/gds-2.0/log/console.out for detailed startup/shutdown messages.
Warning: GADDIR not set. GrADS netCDF/HDF interface may not function properly.
gds-respawn.sh: Starting GrADS Data Server (Tomcat 4.1)...gds-respawn.sh: Tomcat process exitedgds-respawn.sh: GrADS Data Server failed to start. Server may be misconfigured, or already running.
Could you tell me how to solve the problem?
Best Regards,
Takaya Namba