[gradsusr] Few basic questions on processing of TRMM data in GrADS

Teddy Allen teddyallen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 14:46:25 EST 2011

You can easily retrieve TRMM data in a netcdf format from the IRI data library
so that it is easily read into grads.

Go to:
http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.NASA/.GES-DAAC/.TRMM_L3/.TRMM_3B42/.v6/.daily/.precipitation/

From there you can subset your data (click on data selection link) then download
into NetCDF (data files selection link). Or you can even access the OpenDAP link
as well.

Once you have this TRMM NetCDF file you can then easily ingest into GrADS
through:
'sdfopen filepath/filename.nc'
'd precip'

hope this helps,
teddy

http://www.teddyallen.com
"To move quickly, go alone. To move far, go together."
African Proverb