[gradsusr] sdfopen

Matei Georgescu Matei.Georgescu at asu.edu
Thu Jan 27 08:28:11 EST 2011

Dear Roopa,

You cannot use GrADS directly on the wrfout* files.

You have to execute "ARWPost" (download from the same place you obtained
WRF, and compile on the same level as WPS; there should be a README file
that details specific instructions) on the wrfout* files for GrADS use.

matei

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Roopashree Shrivastava
<rss1901 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Good Evening to all users of Grads
> Can anybody please help me with the foll query
>
> 1. Whenever I try to open any netcdf file i  get the foll error message
>
> Scanning self-describing file:  wrfout_d01_2010-08-15_00_00_00
> gadsdf: SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.
>
> This is using OpenGrads running on Windows. On a linux machine also I get
> the same error.
>
> Any answers??
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Warm Regards
> Roopa

Matei Georgescu, Ph.D.*
*School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences and
Center for Environmental Fluid Dynamics*
*Arizona State University*
*Phone*: (480) 965-3770
*Fax*: (480) 965-8119
*E-mail*: Matei.Georgescu at asu.edu