[gradsusr] Problem in loading variables in different files.

Hang hang_hang2004 at yahoo.com.hk
Thu Jan 27 07:02:05 EST 2011

Jim,

I have just tried to specify the z-level as you mentioned,but the error still
exist.

'sdfopen /home2/h08hang/redata/pres.mon.mean.nc'
'set lat -90 90'
'set lon 0 360'
'set t 1 753'
'set z 1'
'define spres=pres'
'close 1'

'sdfopen /home2/h08hang/redata/uwnd10m.mon.mean.nc'
'set lat -90 90'
'set lon 0 360'
'set t 1 753'
'set z 1'
'define uwnd10m=uwnd'
'close 1'

'sdfopen /home2/h08hang/redata/vwnd10m.mon.mean.nc'
'set lat -90 90'
'set lon 0 360'
'set t 1 753'
'set z 1'
'define vwnd10m=vwnd'
'close 1'

the error message is:
Data Request Error: Invalid grid coordinates
  World coordinates convert to non-integer  grid coordinates
    Variable = vwnd10m  Dimension = 1
Operation Error:  Error from ave function
  Error ocurred at column 32
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.
I guess the problem comes up when I open the next three files (which have
different grids). I tried several ways and I find out that the defined variables
seem to follow the file1 that is still opened in the programme.

For example, if I close the file after the line 'define shum2m=shum' then I
cannot work with the variables I have defined before (uwnd10m,vwnd10m). but if I
do not close the file after the line 'define shum2m=shum', then I cannot work
with the spres i defined before and the "uwnd,vwnd and pres" which will be
opened afterwards.

So any sugesstions to slove this? I am trying to regrid the files as suggested
by Doug but I am still trying to do on it.

Thanks

Henry