[gradsusr] grads2 and udfs

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 26 16:04:18 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Becker, Bernd <
bernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk> wrote:

> hello,
>
> tomorrow, I would like to use udfs psichig and philo again.
>
> q udft yields
> Warning: User Defined Functions have been disabled in this version of
> GrADS
>
> I am using grads2a.0.5 on a linux box.
>

> What do I need to get psichig and philo working again?

As the message says, the standard grads v2 releases do not yet support UDFs.
The opengrads bundle releases, while maintaing all the standard grads v2
features do provide a mechanism for UDFs, although it is compatible with the
UDFs in grads v1.9. See this:

   http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_the_OpenGrADS_Bundle

and this for the included UDFs:

   http://opengrads.org/doc/#udxt