[gradsusr] How to set time attribute in sdfwrite

Zablone Owiti zablonowiti at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 00:44:20 EST 2011

Dear Charles,
Thanks for the explanation and the earlier emails. I wrote a .ctl file(see bellow) to read the original data (via xdfopen command), but I get the following error (on the z dimension) which I have failed to figure out how to correct :
 Scanning Descriptor File:  gcpcr.ctl
gadsdf: Lev dimension z is not an SDF dimension.
SDF Descriptor file gcpcr.ctl was not successfully opened & parsed.

The gcpcr.ctl is:
dset ^gcpcr.nc
dtype netcdf
title Test File
undef 1e+20
xdef longitude 360 linear 0.5 1.0
ydef latitude 180 linear -89.5 1.0
zdef z 1 levels 0
tdef t 674 linear 0Z1jan1948 1mo
vars 1
r=>r 1 99 Precipitation (mm/day)
endvars
Further, the q dims results for the original data file (gcpcr.nc) when opened with sdfopen command  are:

Default file number is: 1
X is varying   Lon = 0 to 360   X = 0.5 to 360.5
Y is varying   Lat = -89.5 to 89.5   Y = 1 to 180
Z is fixed     Lev = 0  Z = 1
T is fixed     Time = 00Z01JAN1948  T = 1
E is fixed     Ens = 1  E = 1

Thanks
ZABLONE OWITI
GRADUATE STUDENT
Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology
College of International Education
Add: 219 Ning Liu Rd, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 21004, P.R. China
Tel: +86-25-58731402
Fax: +86-25-58731456
Mob. 15077895632
Website: www.nuist.edu.cn
"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."