[gradsusr] create a shape file and project as a backgound image -

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at iastate.edu
Mon Jan 17 20:09:44 EST 2011

Howard,
I suggest you check the GradsUser archives for November 2010, specifically
the threads titled "plotting shaded contour precip/ptype products over a
basemap/background" and "Command produces a PNG image with transparent color
0 and a background image NE.png".  There was a lot of really good discussion
about this issue in those threads.

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Metris Limited Forecaster <
metris at clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Good morning (GMT) users
>

> I was wanting pointers on creating a shape file with topography ... for use
> as a background image.
>
> I'm guessing someone has scripts for such a purpose.
>

> Grads 2.07a installed
>

> regards fellow users
>
> Howard Staines
>

> Forecaster Metris Limited