[gradsusr] How to read HDF5 data by using the latest version of GrADS?

Zablone Owiti zowiti at ncst.go.ke
Tue Jan 11 22:09:49 EST 2011

 Dear Ali,
You can use the following LATS4D command to convert your Data:

lats4d -v -q -i inputfile -o outputfile -format grads_grib

Where: inputfile is the name of the name of your hdf file (if it is not in the Grads default file, then you need to give the path)
         outputfile is the name of the GRIB file that will be created (it is saved in the default GRADS directory).

There are more options you can choose. Note that the option -q above makes GRADS to quite after running the command.

You can get more about LATS4D here:http://opengrads.org/doc/scripts/lats4d/

Hope this will be of assistance to you.

Wish you the best.

----------------------------

 ZABLONE OWITIy

 GRADUATE STUDENT

College of Atmospheric Science

Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology

Add: 219 Ning Liu Rd, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 21004, P.R. China

 Tel: +86-25-58731402

Fax: +86-25-58731456
Mob. 15077895632
Website:  www.nuist.edu.cn

DO NOT PRINT THIS E-MAIL UNLESS NECESSARY. THE ENVIRONMENT CONCERNS US ALL.