[gradsusr] Couldn't open units database "/usr/local/lib/grads/udunits.dat"

Yan Bao ybao2009 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:15:00 EST 2011

Hi, GradsUser Group,
     I lately setup Grads in my personal directory (not the  defaulted one)
and set the environment in .bash_profile as the following:

##GRADS
export GADROOT=/Users/ABC/GRADS/grads-1.9b4
export GADLIB=$GADROOT/lib
export GADDAT=$GADROOT/data
export PATH=.:$PATH:$GADROOT/bin:$GADROOT/lib:$GADROOT/data

After doing this, I found I can find grads command in
/Users/ABC/GRADS/grads-1.9b4 with 'which grads' ,
but when running it, I kept on getting problems like
'Couldn't open units database "/usr/local/lib/grads/udunits.dat" '
Any suggestions?

The another question I gonna to ask is I just found there is
no any other subdirectory in extracted 'grads-version number'
(like grads-2.0.a9 for Mac Intel) any more besides bin and further
downloaded data.tar.Z, I'm curious if I miss something for setting
up Grads (like 'lib'). If it is normal in my case? Or can any one tell
me where I can download the 'lib' stuffs?

Thanks very much for your quick responding.

Yan

Thanks,

Yan