[gradsusr] gadsdf: Time unit has too small an increment (min. 1 minute).

saiguran loisulie saiguranloi at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 11:27:39 EST 2011

Hi

My GrADS version/configurations are "Config: v2.0.a8 little-endian readline printim grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5 opendap-grids,stn geotiff shapefile "

I have monthly mean files from NCEP Reanalysis;

I used "cdo -r  yseasavg air2m.mon.mean.nc air2m.seas.mean.nc" to generate seasonal climatologies but I get the following error;

sdfopen air2m.seas.mean.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  air2m.seas.mean.nc
gadsdf: Time unit has too small an increment (min. 1 minute).

I also tried;

cdo yseasavg air2m.mon.mean.nc air2m.seas.mean.nc

But when I;

ga-> sdfopen air2m.seas.mean.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  air2m.seas.mean.nc
SDF file has no discernable time coordinate -- using default values.
gadsdf: SDF file does not have any non-coordinate variables.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thank you.
Saiguran Loisulie

Climate Systems Analysis Group

Environmental and Geographical Science Department

University of Cape Town

Private Bag X3

Rondebosch

7701