[gradsusr] extract to ascii nesting while

Muhammad Rahiz muhammad.rahiz at ouce.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 10:28:25 EST 2011

To generate ascii output, use the fprintf.gs script available at
http://cookbooks.opengrads.org/index.php?title=Recipe-002:_Saving_GrADS_variable_data_to_a_text_file

I think you might want to do something like the following (not tested);

'sdfopen file.nc'
'set lon 60 100'
'set lat 10 20'

m=500
mtot=1000
while (m < mtot +1)
'set lev 'm''	! do loop for lev

n=1
ntot=10
while (n < ntot +1)
'set t 'n''	! do loop for time

'd var1'
'fprintf.gs var1 var1.'n'.'m'.txt'	! prints var1 ascii for t=n,lev=m

'd var2'
'fprintf.gs var2 var2.'n'.'m'.txt	! prings var2 ascii for t=n,lev=m

n=n+1
endwhile

m=m+500 ! this sets increament for lev i.e. lev = 500, lev = 1000. change
accordingly
endwhile

'fprintf.gs lon lon.txt' ! longitude info - no need for loop
'fprintf.gs lat lat.txt' ! as longitude

--
Muhammad Rahiz
Researcher & DPhil Candidate (Climate Systems & Policy)