[gradsusr] Merging netCDF files

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Jan 4 15:29:36 EST 2011

If you plan to analyze that data with GrADS, you can use templating to
aggregate those files into a single data set, and there is no need to
merge them. If you require a single file, you can use sdfwrite to make
a new netcdf file that covers the whole time period. Outside of GrADS,
I would use the NetCDF Operators (http://nco.sourceforge.net/) to
slice, dice, and concatenate netcdf files.
--Jennifer

On Jan 4, 2011, at 6:10 AM, sudev das M P wrote:

> Hai All,
>
> I have 62 netCDF daily data files with t=366 for leap year and t=365
> for
>
> non leap year, starting from 1948 to 2009.  I like to know is it
> possible to
>
> merge all these files in to a single netCDF file using GrADS. If
> possible
>
> please give me a reply.
>
> Thanking You,
> Sudev.