[gradsusr] GrAds 2.0a7 and beyond - floating point exception

Goodson,Ron [Edm] Ron.Goodson at EC.gc.ca
Wed Feb 16 13:31:06 EST 2011

Hi to the brain trust (Jennifer et al.).  Because my problem is so vague
- I'm not necessarily expecting an answer but thought I'd give it a
shot.

Using either an older RedHat WS4 installation running kernel 2.6.9-11,
or a newer Debian etch (2.6.18-6) I have been able to use all version of
grads up to and including 2.0.a5.  However, all versions beyond that
result in a "floating point exception" immediately after invoking grads.

I am thinking there is some underlying library mis-match.  Just
wondering if anyone could throw me a bone as to what might have changed
between a5 and a7 (in terms of what they expect from the
operating-system libraries) so that I can have a starting point to
fixing this.

Thanks for any help - but - since I haven't seen any one else mention
this, I'm not expecting much.

ron goodson
environment canda