[gradsusr] fish_psi apply to localized domain

Ting-Chi Wu twu at rsmas.miami.edu
Tue Feb 15 20:04:31 EST 2011

Hi,

I tried to use* "fish.gex" (GrADS Extension Library for Calculating
Streamfunction/Velocity Potential*) to calculate streamfunction from known u
and v fields. I read through the website here:
http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/fish/fish.html
It looks like this function can only apply to global lat/lon domain.
My data is in lat/lon coordinate already, but it is not global since my data
is output from mesoscale model.
Whenever I used fish_psi(u,v) to get streamfunction, I get error messages
"error from fish: rc=1000"
I tried to narrow down my lat and lon range, and it still doesn't allow me
to calculate.
Does anybody know how should I deal with it?
Thank you!

Ting-Chi
--
Ting-Chi Wu