[gradsusr] OpenGrADS: GrADS 2.0.a7.oga.3 regridding...

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 15 20:01:46 EST 2011

Dear GrADS Users,

We're finding that GrADS 2.0.a7.oga.3 (OpenGrADS) is giving better
results on our x86_64 analysis cluster than on an i686 workstation...

The script climatology.gs (attached) works on the analysis cluster, but
we get a "box_ave error." for one of the regridding commands on the
workstation... Please find attached the GrADS script climatology.gs, the
netCDF dataset used by the script, and output files from running the
script on the two computers: climatology.output.i686 is from running on
the workstation and contains the "box_ave error." for one of the
regridding commands, while climatology.output.x86_64 is from running on
the analysis cluster and does not give this error (but gives
"/app/grads-2.0.a7.oga.3/bin/Linux/Versions/2.0.a7.oga.3/x86_64/grads:
/opt/ifort/11.1.073/lib/intel64/libimf.so: no version information
available (required by
/app/grads-2.0.a7.oga.3/bin/Linux/Versions/2.0.a7.oga.3/x86_64/grads)";
is this something to be concerned about?).

Thanks for all your help, and please let me know if you need more
information and/or have any questions about this issue.

Thanks,
Chuck

--

Please note that Charles.Seman at noaa.gov should be considered my NOAA
email address, not cjs at gfdl.noaa.gov.

 Charles Seman                                Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
 U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
 201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08540-6649            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/

"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
official or unofficial position of the United States Federal Government,
the United States Department of Commerce, or NOAA."