[gradsusr] 'tas' Plotting Error

Adam Cinderich cinderic at msu.edu
Mon Feb 14 16:47:23 EST 2011

Jeff,

Thank you.  I did a 'q file' and it says 1 variable.  The variable was
correct, but looking over my .ctl file once more, I realized the problem was
within the .ctl file and it now plots.

However, I do have another question.  I plotted tas for my domain (The Great
Lakes Region) 41-49 and 267-285 and it does not look correct.  I believe it
has to do with my 'pdef' line in the .ctl file (I have been trying to come
up with the correct pdef lines for the NARCCAP models and haven't been
successful yet).

I came up with the following pdef line: pdef   123  104  NPS  78.5  166.5
263  50  50

based on the ncdump information for the ECPC model and GrADS pdef syntax
requirements:

        xc = 123 ;

        yc = 104 ;

        time = UNLIMITED ; // (731 currently)

        bnds = 2 ;

variables:

        char polar_stereographic ;

                polar_stereographic:grid_mapping_name =
"polar_stereographic" ;

                polar_stereographic:longitude_of_central_meridian = 263. ;

                polar_stereographic:straight_vertical_longitude_from_pole =
263. ;

                polar_stereographic:standard_parallel = 60. ;

                polar_stereographic:TrueGridLength_Latitude = 60. ;

                polar_stereographic:XGridLength_M = 50000. ;

                polar_stereographic:YGridLength_M = 50000. ;

                polar_stereographic:PoleOnPlane = "north" ;

                polar_stereographic:false_easting = 3925000. ;

                polar_stereographic:false_northing = 8325000. ;

                polar_stereographic:latitude_of_projection_origin = 90. ;

Are you, or is anyone else, able to offer a suggestion on what might be
wrong (and how to correct) my pdef line?

Thank you,

Adam