[gradsusr] wrf output data in lambert projection plot problem

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at iastate.edu
Tue Feb 8 12:20:06 EST 2011

You're seeing that because the model grid itself has certain projection.  It
has nothing to do with how Grads is interpreting the data.  This is a WRF
thing.  It doesn't look like a Lambert Conformal Conic projection, however,
because I think if you do "set mproj lambert", your data should appear to be
a rectangle with parallel edges and the map behind it should be altered.
Your second figure does not show that, so perhaps you have some other
projection.  I am also a WRF user, but I use the ARWpost program to convert
WRF netCDF files to something Grads can read.  Since I don't use the
wrf2grads program, there could be something with that program that caused
the PDEF line in your control file to be something other than it is in the
model.

Jeff Duda

Jeff Duda
Iowa State University