[gradsusr] Templates for TRMM data

Muhammad Rahiz muhammad.rahiz at ouce.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 6 16:12:56 EST 2011

The following code would allow you to open multiple files but you need to
make a list of files you want to open as *.txt (e.g. inputfiles.txt)

n = 10		# where n is the total number of files in inputfiles.txt
m = 1
while(m< n+1)
  ifile = 'inputfiles.txt'
  rec = read(ifile)

  IO = sublin(rec,1)
  if(IO = 1)
    say ifile' > File open error'
  endif
  if (IO = 0)
    a = subwrd(rec,2)
  endif

'sdfopen 'a''
say ''a''
'quit'
m = m +1
endwhile

If you're using GrADS in Linux/Unix environment, the following would work
as well;

#!/bin/bash

for i in $(ls *.nc); do

cat > grads.gs << EOF
'sdfopen $i'
say '$i'
'quit'
EOF
grads -blc 'run grads.gs'

done

HTH,
---
Muhammad Rahiz
Researcher & DPhil Candidate (Climate Systems & Policy)
School of Geography & the Environment
University of Oxford