[gradsusr] problem to create new file

Zablone Owiti zablonowiti at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 06:37:05 EST 2011

Dear Ismaila,

One way to create the sub data for the period you are interested in is to use the sdfwrite command as in the example below that will give you a new
file (uwnd6060.nc) of the period jan1960 to  dec1962. You can edit it appropriately to suite your data and required period.
'reinit'
'sdfopen I:/Griddata/ECMWF/ecmwf-Uwind.nc'
'set lon 0 360'
'set lat -90 90'
'set time jan1960 dec1962'
'set z 1'
'define uwnd=u'
'set sdfwrite uwnd6062.nc'
'sdfwrite uwnd'

Hope this will help.

ZABLONE OWITI
GRADUATE STUDENT
Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology
College of International Education
Add: 219 Ning Liu Rd, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 21004, P.R. China
Tel: +86-25-58731402
Fax: +86-25-58731456
Mob. 15077895632
Website: www.nuist.edu.cn
"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."