[gradsusr] greek characters

Alan Robock robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
Thu Dec 22 12:08:24 EST 2011

Yes.  See instructions at http://climate.envsci.rutgers.edu/grads

Use font.gs to show you all the characters in font 3, and then use them
as instructed.

ga->  run font.gs 3

I repeat the script here:

function font(arg)
if (arg='')
   arg = 1
endif

fch = '!"#$%&''()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP'
fch = fch % 'QRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~'

'set font 1'
'set strsiz 0.3'
'set string 1 c 3'
'draw string 5.5 8.0 Font Set 'arg
x = 1.0
y = 7.0
i = 1
'set font 0'
'set strsiz 0.2'
'set string 1 c 1'
while (i<95)
   'draw string 'x' 'y' 'substr(fch,i,1)' `'%arg%substr(fch,i,1)
   x = x + 1.5
   if (x>10.5)
     x = 1.0
     y = y - 0.4
   endif
   i = i + 1
endwhile

Alan

[On sabbatical for current academic year.  The best way to contact me
is by email, robock at envsci.rutgers.edu, or at 732-881-1610 (cell).]

Alan Robock, Professor II (Distinguished Professor)
   Editor, Reviews of Geophysics
   Director, Meteorology Undergraduate Program
   Associate Director, Center for Environmental Prediction
Department of Environmental Sciences        Phone: +1-732-932-9800 x6222
Rutgers University                                  Fax: +1-732-932-8644
14 College Farm Road                   E-mail: robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA      http://envsci.rutgers.edu/~robock