[gradsusr] Reading CMAQ netcdf files in GrADS

Yaqiang Wang yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:51:27 EST 2011

This is a guess solution.

In global attributes:
GDTYP = 2  means it is a lambert conformal projection;
P_GAM is standard longitude;   -97
P_ALP is south true latitude;  33
P_BET is north true latitude;  45
NCOLS is the size of the native grid in the x direction;  112
NROWS is the size of the native grid in the y direction;  79
XCELL is grid X increment in meters; 12000
YCELL is grid Y increment in meters; 12000

You can set YCENT(40) and  XCENT(-97) as reference latitude and
longitude respectively. The corresponding i and j of reference point
are 40 and 56.5.

So the PDEF line is: PDEF 112 79 LCCR 40 -97 40 56.6 33 45 -97 12000 12000

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 4:40 AM, Huddleston, John
<Huddleston at cira.colostate.edu> wrote:
> Yes, I do. I am busy right now. I will get back to you. John

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com