[gradsusr] exit code from gribmap

Becker, Bernd bernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk
Wed Dec 14 04:30:29 EST 2011

Dear grads user,

I come up against a slight hiccup using gribmap in
a cron job on a RH6 system:

I create a file and a copy  in another place,
create an index file
change directory and create the index file again.
(why? because .ctl is template for many obs_$yyyy)

The problem occurs after gribmap finishes.
The return code is stops the shell form running any further after
the first "gribmap" has finished. Regardless.

What do I need to do to go beyond "HERE!"

# make copy to $DATADIR/obs
   cp obs_$yyyy.grb $DATADIR/obs/.

# make new index mapping file
  ( gribmap -0 -e  -i obs.ctl && exit 0)

   cd $DATADIR/obs/.
  ( gribmap -0  -e -i obs.ctl && exit 0)

Best Regards,
Bernd.

--
Bernd Becker   Climate Impacts Product Development
Met Office Hadley Centre    FitzRoy Road  Exeter   Devon EX1 3PB  United