[gradsusr] OpenGrads Installation

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Sat Dec 10 00:42:36 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Andrew Revering <andy at f5data.com> wrote:

> Hey Arlindo,
>
> Its 2.0.1.oga.1 on CentOS 6 64 bit.
>
> I did not set environmental variables for GS2UDXT, GADDIR, GASCRP. I'm a
> novice @ linux... how do I check that?

Simply type "env" at the command line and you will get a list of all
environment variables defined.

> I used the installation notes found here:
> http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_the_OpenGrADS_Bundle
>
> Download, extract, move, set path, fix missing libraries.

Make sure you move the Contents/ directory as a whole, keeping directory
tree intact.

To help me diagnosing the problemn you will need to send me the screen
output of

% opengrads

It should say something like:

</Applications/OpenGrADS/Darwin/Versions/2.0.0.oga.1/i386/gex/udxt> ... ok.*

(The path will be different.) If so, when you get the grads prompt type:

ga-> q udx

and send me the output.

Also, there have been cases where people got a corrupt download from
sourceforge. I'd try a fresh re-download just in case.

Anybody out there running opengrads 2.0.1.oga.1 on CentOS 6 64-bit?

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu