[gradsusr] UDF in open grads 2

Henrique M. J. Barbosa - IFUSP hbarbosa at if.usp.br
Thu Dec 1 13:09:33 EST 2011

Dear Arlino and all,

I am trying to write my own UDF for using in open grads 2.0.1. However, the
instructions here:

<
http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=User_Defined_Extensions_in_GrADS_v2.0

tell that I should write something like:

#include "gex.h"
int f_hello (void *gex, int argc, char **argv) {
  int rc, i;
  var_t *var;
  /* Evaluate the input expression */
  if ( argc !=1 ) return 1;
  rc = gex_eval(gex,argv[1],var);
(... etc...)

But when I try to compile the example, gcc complains that var_t is
undefined. I already searched the whole opengrads2 source code. The only
definition I could found was inside grads.h, where there is an element of
"struct gavar" which is called "var_t". I also searcher for function
gex_eval() but could not find it anywhere.

Any ideas?
Are users supposed to create UDF with this new semantics??
Or should we stick with grads v1.9 way???

Thanks,
Henrique

Prof. Henrique M.J. Barbosa          Phone:+[55] (11) 3091 6647
Ed. Basilio Jafet, Sala 100           Cell:+[55] (11) 8380 8001
Dep. de Fisica Aplicada                FAX:+[55] (11) 3091 6749
Instituto de Fisica - USP
Rua do Matao, Travessa R, 187        Skype: hmjbarbosa
05508-900, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil       msn: hmjbarbosa at yahoo.com
http://www.fap.if.usp.br/~hbarbosa   e-mail: hbarbosa at if.usp.br