[gradsusr] Computing the vertical velocity by the omega equation

veiga veiga.uea at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 18:59:42 EDT 2011

Hi Jeff,

I appreciated your help, mainly cause you gave a important hint into the computation of vertical velocity via kinematic method. It seems to be a nice way to follow. You're right! However, as this method is very simple, we should worry about errors implicated in. This is the cause I should compute the vertical velocity (or pressure velocity in units of mb/s) using the omega equation. Furthermore, I need to calculate it in a 3-D spatial domain instead of in one single level.

Thank you very much Jeff.

 I'll keep waiting for other hints and help.

Cheers,

José Augusto P. Veiga,

Universidade do Estado do Amazonas
Departamento de Meteorologia
Escola Superior de Tecnologia (EST)
Av. Darcy Vargas, 1200, Manaus-AM Brasil
Work phone:    (92) 3878 4333
Cell   phone :    (92) 8196 7122
Skype: veiga_j.a.p.
CV: http://lattes.cnpq.br/4027612512091565