[gradsusr]  help me about Web-based administration on Grads Data Server

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Wed Aug 3 08:56:04 EDT 2011

I think you need to issue the admin commands from the same system that
the GDS is running on. Edit your gds.xml so your logging is in debug
mode, then try again. I got an error message like this in my gds.log
after a failed admin reload request:
    *dbg* IP address 192.239.84.2 is not local, and is not authorized

--Jennifer

On Aug 3, 2011, at 2:13 AM, jincy wrote:

>   i  download gds-2.0 ,and config it run .
>  in gds.xml ,i modify server-admin tag like this :
>  <service-admin enabled="true" auth="open-sesam" />
>
> but  i  visit the url :
>
> http://192.168.1.143:9090/dods/admin?auth=open-sesam&cmd=reload
>

> it give me the under error :
>
> The server could not fulfill this request:
> http://192.168.1.143:9090/dods/admin?auth=open-sesam&cmd=reload
>
> because of the following error:
>
> authorization failed
>

> i run the gds-reload.sh  ,it  also run error.
>
> how you  do  so that "
>
> updates the data catalog, privilege sets, and all other settings
> contained in the GDS configuration file, without the need to take
> the server offline."

> Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and
> any accompanying attachment(s)
> is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be
> confidential and/or privileged of
> Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any
> reader of this communication is
> not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,
> storing, disclosure or copying
> is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received
> this communication in error,please
> immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the
> original message and all copies from
> your system. Thank you.

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA