[gradsusr] error in if command of grads

Dave Allured dave.allured at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 2 00:49:23 EDT 2011

Chinh,

I tried your module with different file names.  It worked fine with
Grads version 2.0.a9.  I do not see the problem.

Try this:

1.  Ensure that your module file "convert_txt.gs" is a plain ASCII
text file, not something strange like an MS word file, or HTML, or
Unicode or UTF.

2.  Add a simple print statement right after the if statement, and
before the sdfopen statement.  Something like this:

      say 'At line 5'

3.  Delete statements one at a time, starting with the write
statement and working backward, and test each time.  See if that
finds the problem.

--Dave

Delete the write statement, and