[gradsusr] Re : Viewing Climate Indices Created with CDO

sarah okeefe sarahanneokeefe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:32:31 EDT 2011

Hi - Thanks for your help. I tried this - see below in bold. It didn't work.
Then I q'd the file within grads and tried to use the variable name it
listed...got a single value returned.....

Below is the output I get in grads and attached is the output I get when I
do an NCdump - I can't even tell if there are any index values in there or
not - I am starting to think not! Maybe the issue is with the CDO operator
(?)

Sarah.

ga-> sdfopen out.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  out.nc
SDF file out.nc is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -88.572 88.572
LEV set to 0 0
Time values set: 2100:12:31:12 2100:12:31:12
E set to 1 1
ga-> d index
Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
  'index' not a variable or function name
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
Expression = index

*ga-> q attr
*No Descriptor Attributes for File 1 :
Native Attributes for File 1 :
global String CDI Climate Data Interface version 1.4.7 (
http://code.zmaw.de/projects/cdi)
global String Conventions CF-1.0
global String history Thu Apr 28 12:20:40 2011: cdo -r -setname,index
echam5.dryindex.2081-2100try3.nc out.nc
global String history Thu Apr 28 12:19:47 2011: cdo -r eca_cdd
echam5.daily.pr_2081-2100.nc echam5.dryindex.2081-2100try3.nc
global String history Output from CERA Database/EH5_OM_20C_1_TEMP2  At
17:37:06 on 02/23/2005, CMOR rewrote data to comply with CF standards and
IPCC Fourth Assessment requirements
global String CDO Climate Data Operators version 1.4.7 (
http://code.zmaw.de/projects/cdo)
lon String long_name longitude
lon String units degrees_east
lon String standard_name longitude
lon String axis X
lon String bounds lon_bounds
lat String long_name latitude
lat String units degrees_north
lat String standard_name latitude
lat String axis Y
lat String bounds lat_bounds
time String units minutes since 1955-01-01 00:00:00
time String calendar proleptic_gregorian
number_of_cdd_p String long_name Number of cdd periods in given time period
with more than 5 days. The time period should be defined by the bounds of
the time coordinate.
number_of_cdd_p String units No.
number_of_cdd_p String grid_type gaussian
*ga-> d number_of_cdd_p
Constant field.  Value = 1

*