[gradsusr] xdef and ydef problem

Jackie Yip zheng.yip at mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 22 14:36:02 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm using the re() function of GrADs 2.0.a9.oga.1 to regrid my data. As my
data is in netcdf format and it has 365 day calendar. I created a descriptor
file (.ctl) to xdfopen it. The regridding seem to work fine and I fwrited it
out as a grads binary (.dat) file. To view this regridded data, I created
another descriptor file. When I tried to view this regridded data on grads,
it has a diagonal strip of missing data. This problem disappeared once I
have increased my xdef value by 1. Although now the regridded data looks
right, I've found that the data shifts down off the map grid with time (e.g.
at timestep 2, the data is about 2 gridcells unaligned to the map grid.).

Is this a problem related to the ydef in the descriptor file?

Jackie