[gradsusr] min max of a variable

Simon Kiertscher simon.kiertscher at gmx.de
Mon Apr 18 04:56:46 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to find out a minimum and a maximum of a variable.
Therefore I use 'q attr' and will pars it.
The problem is that the format is something like
"evaporation Float32 data_range 4.73882e-25,454.459"
I can get that line, but now I have a problem.
I have no operation in GrADS to divide the last values right?
I need to divide it into to strings/values to get separate min and max
values.
How can I do this? Or is there another easier way to get the min and the
max values of a variable?

Thank you,
Simon