[gradsusr] Max Value

Andrew Revering andy at f5data.com
Fri Apr 15 18:53:58 EDT 2011

I'm trying to do a max value plot. I got it to give me coordinates, but it's
not quite right. No matter what the variable is on the map that I'm trying
to find the max value for, it always gives me coordinates (and plots
visually) in the far lower left corner of the screen where there are no
values.

Here is my code:

'd maxloc(max(tt,x=0,x=1028),y=0,y=768)'

Line=sublin(result,2)

Ygrd=subwrd(line,4)

'd maxloc(max(tt,y=0,y=768),x=0,x=1028)'

Line=sublin(result,2)

Xgrd=subwrd(line,4)

'set x 'xgrd

Lonval = subwrd(result,4)

'set y 'ygrd

Latval = subwrd(result,4)

'q w2xy 'lonval' 'latval

Xpos = subwrd(result,3)

Ypos = subwrd(result,6)

Then I go further to plot the coordinate, which works. The printed lat/lon
is correct for where the marker is, but it is NOT where the max val is. Its
way down in the lower left corner of the image.