[gradsusr] Cannot plot color bar: No shading information.

Emre Salkım emre at me.com
Mon Apr 11 07:20:49 EDT 2011

Dear Users,

I would like to ask a question about a message that Grads gives when I try to run my script shown below.

'c'
'open SRFreadRF.ctl'
'set mpdset hires'
'set gxout shaded'
'set display color white'
'set rgb 16   0   0 255'
'set rgb 17  55  55 255'
'set rgb 18 110 110 255'
'set rgb 19 165 165 255'
'set rgb 20 220 220 255'
'set rgb 21 255 220 220'
'set rgb 22 255 165 165'
'set rgb 23 255 110 110'
'set rgb 24 255  55  55'
'set rgb 25 255   0   0'
'set clevs -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 1 2 3 4 5'
'set ccols 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25'
'define rf=ave(evp,t=1,t=12)'
'reset'
'open SRFreadFUT.ctl'
'set mpdset hires'
'set gxout shaded'
'set display color white'
'set rgb 16   0   0 255'
'set rgb 17  55  55 255'
'set rgb 18 110 110 255'
'set rgb 19 165 165 255'
'set rgb 20 220 220 255'
'set rgb 21 255 220 220'
'set rgb 22 255 165 165'
'set rgb 23 255 110 110'
'set rgb 24 255  55  55'
'set rgb 25 255   0   0'
'set clevs -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 1 2 3 4 5'
'set ccols 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25'
'define fut=ave(evp,t=1,t=12)'
'd (fut-rf)'
'run /usr/local/lib/grads/cbar.gs'
'draw title Difference between Future and RF datas'
'printim diffevp.gif'
'quit'

As I run this script Grads says:

"Cannot plot color bar: No shading information".

Although I've set gxout shaded and also I've set rgb colors that I wanted to use already. What I try to do in this script is to get the difference of a variable, between the future and past datas from two different data files. I really couldn't find where I am making the mistake. Can you please help me?

I am running the latest Grads version available (GrADS 2.0.a9) for Mac and am running Grads on Mac OS X 10.6.7.

Thank you and best regards;

Emre Salkim