[gradsusr] Gridding and Plotting Station Data

Nena Carina Española nena at asti.dost.gov.ph
Tue Sep 21 23:34:07 EDT 2010

Hi John. Thanks for the reply.

The recipe was derived from the operational procedure of Brazil and we
wanted to adopt a similar procedure for the Philippines. I am from the
IT sector so I'm really new to all of these. What I actually wanted to
ask about is the numerical model data itself. I don't have that. I only
have observed data from AWS network. Can I actually use the wrf.dat that
came with the recipe or do I have to create my own from WRF? :-)

What our team wants is to be able to visualize the hourly data we have
for temperature, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, solar
radiation, and hourly rain. But our priority is pressure, wind speed,
and wind direction. If you know of other techniques/recipes that I could
follow please let me know.

Thanks and BR,

Nena

On Tuesday, 21 September, 2010 07:40 PM, Huddleston, John wrote:
> Nena
> run 'grads -l'
> open wrf.ctl
> set gxout shaed
> set csmooth on
> d slvl.1
> and you will see the background color as shown in the example
> set lon -43.75 -43.1
> set lat -23.1 -22.7
> d slvl.1
> and it zooms into the area where the data points can be plotted
> John Huddleston, PhD

*GRID OPERATIONS TEAM*
Advanced Science & Technology Institute
Department Of Science & Technology
ASTI Bldg., C.P. Garcia Ave., Technology Park Complex
U.P. Campus, Diliman, Quezon City, PHILIPPINES 1101
Tel No: +63 2 4269760
Email: nena at asti.dost.gov.ph <mailto:nena at asti.dost.gov.ph>