[gradsusr] province border line

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Sep 7 10:56:33 EDT 2010

If you have the provincial border data in shapefile format, it is easy
to draw them with GrADS. Turn off the default map drawing with the
'set mpdraw off' command, then use the 'draw shp' command to overlay
the shapefile contents on your plot. The opengrads interface for
shapefiles (mentioned in another reply to this thread) is deprecated.
The shapefile documentation at http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/shapefiles.html
  lists some sources for data in shapefile format, including a web
site mentioned by another user in this thread. You should be able to
find what you need from one of these sites.
--Jennifer

On Sep 7, 2010, at 3:10 AM, javad bodaghjamali wrote:

> Dear Grads users,
>
> Hi,
>
>  I want to include the provincal border line in our country. As you
> may know we can include the political country borderline for map.
> But for province how could I include this in our maps.
>
> I would be very gratefull if anyone could help me in this regard.
>
> Thanks in advance and looking forward to your reply.
>
> BodaghJamali

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302