[gradsusr] new to GRaDs, trying to view NetCDF files

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Sep 3 13:04:26 EDT 2010

Please review the documentation on descriptor files for netcdf:  http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html

If you need additional help, post here, but please include the output
from running 'ncdump -c' on your netcdf file, any descriptor you may
have written, and the complete text of the GrADS session that gives
you an error message, including the version of GrADS you are using and
the operating system when your are running GrADS.
--Jennifer

On Sep 3, 2010, at 11:32 AM, felim hanniffy wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As i'm new to GRaDs i'm not familiar to this graphics package, I
> have been running a variety of forecasts with the COSMO model and
> i'm trying to view the output with GRaDs.  how do i view Netcdf
> files and what guidelines do i need to  follow, eg do i need to
> write a descriptor file, etc, before i can view them on GRaDs.
> any information regarding this would be a great help
>
> thanks
> kindest regards,
> felim hanniffy

Jennifer M. Adams