[gradsusr] multiple variables in one netCDF

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Sep 3 12:59:48 EDT 2010

The netcdf operator 'ncks' can do this with a simple one-line command:
ncks -h -A file1.nc file2.nc

The -h option does not modify the global attribute 'history', the -A
options means the variables in file1 are appended to file2. There is
no need for me to write a whole lot of code in GrADS to do this when
it is so easy with ncks.
--Jennifer

On Sep 2, 2010, at 8:35 PM, Don.VanDyke at noaa.gov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to write multiple variables to one netCDF file
> through GrADS instead of having to do separate files?  I've tried
> the obvious way of simply issuing two sdfwrite commands to the same
> file, but it didn't work.  The second variable just overwrote the
> first.  Thanks for any help given!
>
> Don Van Dyke
> NWS Tallahassee, FL

Jennifer M. Adams