[gradsusr] Problem with RCM Projections

Adam Cinderich cinderic at msu.edu
Fri Oct 22 09:48:31 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to plot model output from the various RCMs of NARCCAP in GrADS.
Because the default projection in GrADS differs from those of the RCMs, when
I try to plot temperature (for example), the plot does not overlay the map
correctly.  The RCM output is netcdf format and I am using a .ctl file in
GrADS.  In the .ctl file, I have tried altering the pdef line several times
but still can't get it to work correctly.  Can anyone offer any suggestions
for what to enter in the pdef line for polar stereographic and/or lambert
conformal?  Or, can anybody offer any codes that will take care of this
reprojecting?

Thanks,

Adam B. Cinderich

Graduate Student