[gradsusr] scale factor

krishnamohan krishmet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 00:25:44 EDT 2010

Hai Cellyn,

*scale_factor* - If present for a variable, the data are to be multiplied by
this factor after the data are read by the application that accesses the
data

*add_offset* - If present for a variable, this number is to be added to the
data after it is read by the application that accesses the data. If both
scale_factor and add_offset attributes are present, the data are first
scaled before the offset is added. The attributes scale_factor and
add_offset can be used together to provide simple data compression to store
low-resolution floating-point data as small integers in a netCDF file.

see http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/noaa_coop/coop_cdf_profile.html for more
details

--
Krishnamohan.K.S