[gradsusr] Visualize Wind Vectors

Nena Carina Española nena at asti.dost.gov.ph
Thu Oct 14 23:32:26 EDT 2010

  Hello Guys!

I am trying to create a visualization of the wind vectors. I am not sure
where to begin as my data is not split into U and V components. Here's a
snippet of the sample data I have. These are from 24 weather stations in
the Philippines. Can I also interpolate these scattered data to create a
gridded data using the OACRES function?

Station ID 	Latitude 	Longitude 	Wind Speed (m/s) 	Wind Direction (degrees)
12 	15.721279 	121.522293 	0.8 	204
70 	7.135233 	124.814758 	2.21 	148
72 	6.960916 	126.212082 	6.34 	286
73 	9.282162 	123.244572 	9.6 	20