[gradsusr] netcdf control file error

Roberto Mera rjmera at coas.oregonstate.edu
Tue Oct 5 16:24:09 EDT 2010

  Hi, all. I'm a long-time grads user but I've always stuck with data
that is viewable in the system. I'm trying to access netcdf data from
the climateprediction.net project but I keep on getting errors.

First, using sdfopen I get this message:

sdfopen Desktop/CPDN/nhqhga.pdg6dec.pnw.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  Desktop/CPDN/nhqhga.pdg6dec.pnw.nc
gadsdf: SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.

Subsequently, I tried xdfopen with a control file. That did not work
either. Then I created another ctl file that would read its variables
and coordinate system. It opened fine but when I try to just draw the
map I get this message no matter which variable I'm working with:

gancgrid error: nc_get_vara_double failed; NetCDF: Start+count exceeds
dimension bound
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'p1'
   Error ocurred at column 1

Any thoughts?

Robert