[gradsusr] text garbling when using buttons

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Oct 5 14:38:27 EDT 2010

Heh.
Well, the "Overlay!... " messages are part of a memory-management
debugging scheme we are using -- those message indicate a memory leak
somewhere. I guess I must have left it in verbose mode for the a5
release, because those messages should ordinarily be suppressed. If
you are building from source, you can set verbo=0 in galloc.c. Better
yet, upgrade to 2.0.a9!

As for why the text in the command window got garbled, I have no idea,
except that the characters it's trying to print (in the first few
lines) are the ones that were 'stomped on' (overlaid).

I would be interested to try to reproduce your memory leak so I can
patch it, if you could please email me a simplified version of your
script that still generates the messages. Looks like the buttons are
causing the problems.

--Jennifer

On Oct 5, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Jeffrey Duda wrote:

> Has anyone else ever had command line text become garbled when using
> buttons in Grads?  See attached images for what I mean.  The output
> came at a rate of one line for each time I clicked on a button.
>
> Jeff Duda
>
> --
> Jeff Duda
> Iowa State University