[gradsusr] using EDEF to create an ensemble in Grads

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Oct 5 13:44:22 EDT 2010

Good question -- I checked that out before replying. The GrADS code
coverts all ensemble names to lower case. So that is probably the root
of your problem. Ensemble names with upper case letters *do* work on
my mac, however, because OS X is case neutral. It doesn't work on
linux. I will update the documentation with that subtlety.
--Jennifer

You can have upper case letters in your ensemble name. The output from
'q ens' and 'q ctlinfo' will change them to lower case, but

>>> www.meteor.iastate.edu/~jdduda

jma at cola.iges.org