[gradsusr] GrADS to GRIB-1

Matei Georgescu Matei.Georgescu at asu.edu
Tue Nov 30 19:14:31 EST 2010

Greetings once more,

Half answering my own question ... opengrads does make things quite easy if
one wishes to go from Grads readable binary to GRIB-1.

One question that I hope lats4d users can assist me with. I use OpenGrADS
v2.0.a7.oga.3

At the prompt, I issue the following command:
lats4d -v -q -i mycontrolfile.ctl -o myoutputfile -format grads_grib

The GRIB file produced does have the data that I need. However, the GRIB-1
parameter that lats4d uses is incorrect. "PSFC" is used to describe the GRIB
contents (GRIB-1 parameter '1'). How can I control the parameter, level type
(which happens to be correct), and the parameter name (the file I have is
for terrain data)?

thanks much,
matei

Matei Georgescu, Ph.D.*
*School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences and
Center for Environmental Fluid Dynamics*
*Arizona State University*
*Phone*: (480) 965-3770
*Fax*: (480) 965-8119
*E-mail*: Matei.Georgescu at asu.edu