[gradsusr] set e 10

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Nov 29 11:52:59 EST 2010

Eric,
It is impossible to answer this question without knowing what version
of GrADS you are using. Also, the exact text of the error message
you're getting is critically important. The phrase "unknown operator"
does not appear anywhere in the GrADS code. That being said, your
problem is likely caused by the fact that you're not using a version
of GrADS that supports the E dimension.
--Jennifer

On Nov 29, 2010, at 11:39 AM, eric delaere wrote:

> hi
>
> do somebody knows why my script returns the error 'unknown operator
> 'e 10'
> In the docs, 'set e' is a legal operator??
> thx
>
> function main( args )
> 'reinit'
>
> 'sdfopen http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gens/gens20101129/gep_all_06z'
>
> 'set display color white'
> 'clear'
> 'set display color white'
>
> say 'calculating pre-data  ==> Ok!'
>
> 'set e 10'
> 'set lon 5'
> 'set lat 50'
> 'set lev 500'
> 'set t 0.5 65.5'
>
> 'set parea 1 9.7 2.5 6'
> 'set grads off'
> 'set tlsupp year'
> 'set cmark 0'
> 'set vrange 4950 5600'
> 'set ylint 100'
> 'd hgtprs'
>
> 'printim c:\model\upload\test\test-'timer'.png'

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705