[gradsusr] Issues relating to GrADS display window

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Nov 29 09:51:11 EST 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 9:07 AM, Alan Robock wrote:

>> Dear Mohid,
>
> 1.  After you resize the window, just hit enter at the grads command
> line.
This is a performance issue -- all those redraws are rather costly.
Alan is correct, you don't need to reissue the display command when
you've finished resizing, just hit 'enter'. However, if you really
want to see your graphic as you resize, enter 'q pos' and while GrADS
is waiting for a mouse event in the display window you can resize and
it will continuously redraw the graphics while you are changing the
window size. You'll have to click in the window when you're done to
get the GrADS prompt back again in the command window.

> 2.  No.  You have to quit grads from the grads command line, but that
> will also remove the display window.
Correct.

--
Jennifer M. Adams