[gradsusr] grib1 with lats4d

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Sat Nov 6 09:23:10 EDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Garut Lama <garutlama at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I  have been using lats4d to produce grib1 files.

Always provide version and platform...

> The output is fine and I am able to display it using GrADS.  However I
> can't seem to set the initial date and that the forecast times are
> always referred to as the anl(analysis) instead of  the 9hr fcst and so on.
>
> Running wgrib -v on the grib1 file produces the following(other lines are
> omitted of course) :
>
> 233:3785740:D=2010031709:WIND:sfc:kpds=32,1,0:anl:winds are N/S:"Wind speed
> [m/s]
> 234:3802048:D=2010031709:WDIR:sfc:kpds=31,1,0:anl:winds are N/S:"Wind
> direction [deg]
>

> Is there anyway to the make D=2010031700 which is the initial time and
> change the "anl" to "9hr fcst" ?

First, recall that lats4d.gs is a script that the LATS extension (which is a
bunch of low level commands to create netcdf/grib files). Mike Fiorino tells
me that the lastest version of thr LATS extensionin opengrads  can indeed do
what you request. However, lats4d.gs does not (yet) provide a command line
switch for exercising this.

  At this point you may be able to use wgrib to repair your grib1 file.

    Arlindo

> Thanks.
>

> Garut

Arlindo da Silva