[gradsusr] ARWpost to Grib

Ferdinand Rennen ferdinand.rennen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 06:57:44 EDT 2010

Hallo people,

I'm working currently with WRF and doing the postprocessing with ARWpost.
I'd like to convert the output from ARWpost into Grib format. I've tried to
use GrADS with 'lats4d' but I have found something wrog. In order to check
the transformation of the files I compare surface varibles, like
T2, available both before the transformation (WRF in NetCDF format)
and after the transformation (the GRIB file). I'm quite surprised because
the differences change considerably: for the same grid many times are the
differences of the order of 0.01°C but some times are they close to 1.0°. I
don't know if the problem boils down to some interpolations problem.

My question ist: has anybody experienced the same problem? is a such
difference, in your opinion, acceptable?

I'd appreciate your help.

Ferdinand