[gradsusr] plotting vertical wind profiles

Claudia Walters ckwalter at umd.umich.edu
Tue May 25 10:35:38 EDT 2010

I would like to plot vertical wind profiles that display both the wind speed and the wind direction at select points.   In another program (i.e., Gempak) I was able to plot a line graph of wind speed in the vertical on the left and wind barbs at selected elevations denoting wind direction on the right in the same graph.  In Grads, I am able to plot wind speed, but I have not found a way to display a vertical profile of wind direction using wind barbs or wind vectors, etc.   I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Claudia