[gradsusr] Creating data files

Anna Cinzia Marra a.marra at isac.cnr.it
Tue May 18 05:47:19 EDT 2010

Hello Alexandre,
my radar data file has this structure, as I already told you:

# Fields: z y x DBZ
# Units: km km km dBZ
1 -224.625 -224.625 35
1 -224.625 -223.875 28
1 -224.625 -223.125 20
1 -224.625 -222.375 20
1 -224.625 -221.625 18

They are related to a single radar scan (so only one time), but they have
20 z levels (from 1 km to 15.25 km every 0.75 km), 600 y points and 600 x
points (from -224.625 km to 224.625 km every 0.75 km). Both x and y are
obviously related to longitude and latitude.

I modified radar.f in order to account for my big dataset.
I modified your control file in the following way

dset ^0dbz.bin
title  Analysis DBZ
undef 	-32
xdef     600  linear -224.625 0.75
ydef     600  linear -224.625 0.75
zdef 	 20   levels
    15.25
    14.5
    13.75
    13
    12.25
    11.5
    10.75
    10
     9.25
     8.5
     7.75
     7
     6.25
     5.5
     4.75
     4
     3.25
     2.5
     1.75
     1
tdef     1  linear 22oct2005 1mn
vars 4
z	 0 999 z(km)
y	 0 999 y(km)
x	 0 999 x(km)
dbz 	20 999 DBZ
endvars

but I cannot see anything reasonable with grads. What am I wrong?
Thank again.
Cinzia