[gradsusr] Help new to grads

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Mon May 17 13:49:41 EDT 2010

Bo,

GADDIR specifies the path to the directory containing font files, map outline data, udunits.dat, etc. These files are needed by grads for almost all its operations, and they should be included in the Opengrads packages. I'm not too familiar with Opengrads, but the windows version is supposed to be relocatable so it should not be necessary to change GADDIR. In particular, do not set GADDIR to the path to your own data. Instead, do something along these lines:

sdfopen d:/seaice/data/filename.nc

You don't need to install udunits as long as GADDIR is set properly.

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org